In Australia, there’s a growing number of lenders specialising in quick, fast, online personal loans.
With many providers, like Nimble, you can have the money within 60 minutes if you’re approved.
LendExpress.com.au is your gateway to great small loans that you can get today. Using LendExpress makes the job of finding a fast personal loan easy and fast.
How do fast loans work?
There are several different types of fast loan on offer in Australia.
If you’re looking for a smaller amount, under $2,000, and you can repay it fairly quickly, within a few paydays, then a short–term loan might be right for you.
Smaller loans are sometimes available to people with low credit scores, bad credit reports, patchy credit records or who are in receipt of Centrelink benefits. People on Centrelink may also be able to apply for a Centrelink advance or small loan from Centrelink.
With smaller loans like these you can choose repayment terms ranging from a few days to 12 months.
Be aware that small payday loans have high interest rates, some have total costs adding up to a rate equal to 48 per cent per year.
If you want a bigger loan, over $2,000, you may like to think about a credit card or a unsecured personal loan from a bank or credit union.
How to get approved for a fast loan?
The best way to secure a rapid turnaround loan is to make sure that you fit all of the eligibility criteria – and you have all the documents to prove it.
Each lender has slightly different loan eligibility criteria but many of the requirements are broadly similar. These requirements often ask that you:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Are an Australian citizen or have permanent residence in Australia
- Are in steady employment (although some providers will consider beneficiaries or self–employed people with proof of income).
- Earn a minimum amount of income every month
- Have a valid email, mobile phone, bank account and fixed address
- Have a reasonable to good credit rating, and
- Haven’t been made bankrupt recently or entered a debt agreement.
What you need get approved for a fast loan?
- Payslips to prove your income
- Bank account information
- A recent utility bill (probably)
- Proof of ID (your passport or driver’s licence, for example)
- Bank statements
Tips for a successful loan application
- Have a look at your credit record to make sure that there’s no negative listings on it.
- Only apply to providers where you fit the criteria.
- Don’t apply for more than you can afford, just ask for the amount you need.
Comparing fast personal loans
You can compare fast personal loans at LendExpress.com.au. When looking for the loan that is right for you, consider:
- All the costs, including the rate and the fees.
- Does the lender allow early repayment?
- Does the lender have high late fees?
- Does the lender have a good app and good service?
- How quickly will the loan be funded? Some lenders give you access to funds within 1 hour while others take 24 to 48 hours.
Tips and advice about personal loans
Before committing to a personal loan consider this:
- Do you need to borrow this money?
- Can you repay this loan without getting into financial hardship?
- Do you understand the total fees, rates and charges on this loan?
- Do you understand the penalties, late fees, charges etc?
LendExpress.com.au does not lost all the lenders in the market. The lenders listed in this article are not representative of all the lenders available in the market. There may be other loan providers available that are not listed here. LendExpress.com.au may have a commercial arrangement with lenders featured on this site.
LendExpress.com.au believes all information to be accurate on the date published.
This information is general and does not take into account your specific personal situation. For advice, seek a professional advisor. For debt problems and free advice about debts, contact the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007.